Greater Noblesville (IN) Chamber of Commerce
Requirements: Minimum undergraduate degree, preferably in business management. Senior-level management experience as well as experience supervising staff, P&L accountability, strategic planning. Should have track record in advocating pro-business philosophy.
Letter of interest and resume may be sent to ATTN: Search Committee, 601 E. Conner Street, Noblesville, IN 46060.
The Noblesville Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Board of Directors and the Search Committee for the Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce have announced that they will be accepting applications to fill the position of Chamber President upon the 2014 retirement of Bill Bailey, current Chamber President.
Greater Seymour Chamber
The President is the Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the organization. Duties are subject to the direction of the Board of Directors. The President is responsible for the full range of Chamber activities, including the coordination of the program of work, organizational structure and procedures, motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, maintenance and growth of membership, employment and supervision of staff, interpretation of policy and maintenance of quarters. The President is the "public relations officer" for the organization and the entire community.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred with three to five years of management and marketing experience preferred. Candidate must possess the ability to work in a team environment and have knowledge of financial statements & accounting procedures. Successful candidate will have excellent verbal /written communication skills and public relations skills coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner. General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred. Social Media and website editing skills are preferred. Applicants with a working knowledge of Chambers of Commerce or nonprofit organizations including the principles of volunteer management and program administration preferred.
Additional information can be found on the Chamber's website. Letters of interest and resumes must be sent to:
Indiana Chamber Executives Association
PO Box 377
Hanover, IN 47243
Electronic applications can be submitted to email@example.com with Seymour Chamber entered as the Subject.
Resumes must be received no later than January 10, 2014.
Position: Executive Director
Dearborn County Chamber of Commerce
The Dearborn County Chamber of Commerce is looking for a dynamic, strategic thinking leader to execute its mission as the Executive Director of the organization based in Lawrenceburg, IN.
The Dearborn County Chamber of Commerce is a county-wide organization serving almost 350 members through a variety of programs, benefits and services that specifically promote local business retention and growth, education and quality of life in the larger community.
The successful candidate for the position of Executive Director will provide decisive leadership to a shared-staff, multiple volunteers and various committees throughout the year. The candidate will report to the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The Dearborn County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors consists of dedicated, connected and engaged community members and the successful candidate must be willing and able to implement a long-term strategy that focuses on service to the Chamber Membership. Critical to serving the membership requires the planning, development and presentation of programs designed to stimulate a positive business environment that will strive for retention and growth of our business members in their respective markets.
For consideration, candidates should possess an engaging and dynamic personality, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to design and implement membership development programs. In addition, strengths in business development and relationship-building skills with intimate knowledge of local, county and state government workings are expected. While not required, an IOM certification is a plus.
A dynamic personality displaying a passion for the mission and integrity of a Chamber of Commerce organization.
Track record of community leadership, collaboration skills with other nonprofit organizations and business retention and business growth experience to support a chamber’s membership.
Background that involves: self and/or staff development, volunteer collaboration, financial management, outstanding communication skills, membership cultivation, business education and development programs for delivery to chamber members.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration, relevant computer skills and a working understanding of web-based marketing and promotion techniques using today’s high-speed broadband technology.
Send Resume and Cover Letter by December 11, 2013 to: Executive Director Search Committee, DCCC, 320 Walnut Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Position: Events & Operations Manager
Greater Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
Express Employment Professionals is assisting the Greater Greenwood (IN) Chamber of Commerce to recruit for an Events and Operations Manager. The ideal candidate for this position will be incredibly upbeat and outgoing! This high energy position requires someone with extraordinary organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong drive to succeed! If you're looking for an opportunity plan, organize and execute some of the finest events in Greenwood then this is the job for you!
Celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2014, the Greater Greenwood Chamber of Commerce is a vibrant not-for-profit, membership-based business-advocacy organization. The Chamber is governed by a volunteer board of directors and operated by a professional staff. Greater Greenwood Chamber members represent small organizations, big corporations and self-employed individuals, primarily located in northern Johnson and southern Marion counties.
Our mission: To maximize members’ business potential by optimizing connections, resources and advocacy efforts.
Our Vision: The Greater Greenwood Chamber will be regarded by local business as a highly-valued partner, assisting the Greenwood area to be known as a vibrant, business-friendly community.
Our Values: As a community of engaged businesses eager for success and committed to improving our local economy, the Greater Greenwood Chamber values:
- Shared Success
This position is responsible for the organization, promotion, and execution of all Chamber events and programs designed to provide member services, member engagement, member education, and Chamber fundraising; volunteer recruitment and coordination for the purposes of member engagement and program facilitation; sponsor recruitment and stewardship; member-to-member discount program management; individual member relations meetings; and Chamber office equipment, technology, and service provider vendor contract management.
Ideal candidates will have experience or transferable skills allowing them to:
- Plan, organize, promote, and execute recurring events such as legislative events, after-hours and morning networking events, Chamber luncheons, and other educational seminars and workshops; coordinates with event location hosts, restaurant/caterers, equipment vendors, event volunteers, guest speakers and legislative staff/elected officials.
- Plan, organize, promote, and execute annual events such as the business exposition, annual meeting, golf outing, miniature golf outing, Women Leaders symposium, and Taste of the Southside; coordinates with event location hosts, restaurant/caterers, equipment vendors, and event volunteers.
- Responsible for developing and executing event promotions for the purposes of event attendance and participation registration, and sponsor solicitation as part of all event and program organization efforts; works in conjunction with marketing vendors.
- Responsible for sponsorship solicitation and event auction/door prize donation solicitation as part of all event and program organization efforts; conducts sponsor and donor stewardship.
- Coordinates the publication and proofing of the annual printed membership directory in conjunction with the Member Services Coordinator and publisher, including creating and managing publication schedule, directing publisher on content, and facilitating internal editing/proofing process.
- Advises members on ribbon cutting ceremony planning.
- Conducts individual meetings to foster good member relations and member benefits utilization.
- Oversee event committees including but not limited to: volunteer recruitment, training, supervision, and recognition; and volunteer committee development and management.
- Recruits and supervises other project-specific volunteers on an as-need basis.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and disseminating statistical event managerial reports to the CEO, Board of Directors, and staff as directed and needed.
- Maintains and updates the Chamber website content including, but not limited to, the calendar of events, event registration pages, member-only pages, and photos and graphics; coordinates with website host company as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Experience planning, organizing and facilitating events, including fundraising, budget management, logistics management, event promotions, and volunteer management.
- Ability to maintain high level of organization, productivity, energy, and professionalism in a busy work environment is paramount.
- Strong interpersonal skills during both oral and written communications, including email, with a high degree of respect, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism to present ideas effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with others.
- Intermediate skill level or above in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
- Flexibility for early morning meetings and evening functions; occasional weekend functions.
- A working knowledge of Chamber of Commerce or nonprofit organizations including the principals of volunteer leadership and program administration.
- Experience in successful event sponsorship development and sponsor solicitation.
- Experience in developing marketing and communications for the purposes of event promotion, attendee registration, and sponsor solicitation.
Qualifies for full benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay. All benefits subject to new hire introductory period.
Candidates that meet the qualifications for this position must apply on-line www.expressindysouth.com or apply in person on Monday- Friday from 9 am. to 3 p.m. Resumes can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 317-888-9045. Express Employment Professionals is located on the southeast corner of Madison and Smith Valley at 707 S Madison Ave Greenwood, IN 46143, 317-888-5700.