Honorary Life Membership –
ICEA periodically bestows this honor on an individual who spent a significant part of his/her career in chamber management and has retired from the chamber profession.
Qualifications for Nomination
Individual has been a member in good standing with the Indiana Chamber Executives Association (ICEA) for a minimum of five (5) years, has worked as a Chamber professional for a minimum of fifteen (15) years, and has retired from active Chamber work. Individuals still serving in the profession, or those active in companies providing services to the profession, are not eligible for nomination.
Individual has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the Indiana Chamber Executives Association (ICEA) and/or the Chamber of Commerce profession by any of the following means:
1) Donating human or financial resources to support fellow business/industry members or business/industry member events;
2) Promoting the mission, vision, values, goals of ICEA above and beyond what is characteristic of the average member;
3) Serving ICEA in a capacity that is above and beyond service which is characteristic of the average member
An individual is nominated for honorary lifetime membership by a member of the Board of Directors. Nomination is subsequently passed by a 2/3 majority vote of the Board. The number of Honorary Lifetime Memberships to be awarded shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
Benefits Conferred on Honorary Life Members
1) Waiver of annual ICEA dues effective as of date of designation and continuing in perpetuity (except in such cases where designation is forfeited – see below);
2) Reduced registration fees for ICEA membership events (Winter Conference, Summer Conference) to reflect costs of meals only.
3) Placement of name on ICEA web site and in publications such as the ICEA Membership Directory and the program of the Annual Management Conferences;
4) Placement of name on ICEA Honorary Lifetime Member plaque at the Indiana Chamber of Commerce
5) Special invitation and seating arrangements for all ICEA Annual Management Conference events (Winter and Summer Conferences);
6) Recognition at all ICEA events
Forfeiture of Honorary Life Membership
Individual will forfeit designation under the following circumstances:
1) Conviction for commission of felony offense;
2) Public admission of guilt for commission of any legal or moral wrong for which there is grave community outcry.
Approved by Board 11/14/2003